Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Final breadboard tests

I connected all small breadboards for the final tests and got big mess of wires:


The noise when inputs of the LTC2057 are shorted was in the 10-12uV p-p range which is ok if take in consideration the used voltage reference specs and the buffered op-amps (LTC2052) in the auto-range breadboard.

Unfortunately during the noise tests, I saw a voltage drift which is not acceptable. It is always positive and can reach 1-2 mV in period of 30-60 min:


For now I suspect the front end LTC2057 op-amp, because if I connect the voltage source direct to ADC driver or ADC itself, I do not get such drift. So I have to try one or more op-amps to resolve this issue.

Update:
I used 1.5 AAA battery when I saw the voltage drift. I measured with a Keithley 2002 and got similar drift again, so it is not from the LTC2057, but from the battery. I do not have yet explanation for this fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment