Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Happy new 2020 Year!

I would like to thanks to all visitors of this blog! Every your visit or e-mail from you makes me more motivated. This year I had visitors from 60 countries and 270 towns across the world with around 400 page views per month.  



This year was busy for me and I do not had enough time to update the blog content. So this post will be summary what I achieved in 2019 year.

Let's starts with latest new : last week I made a new workbench. Previously I used an old 0.5 sq. m. desk for work and one small table for making measurements. The space was limited and I decided to "upgrade" the workbench. The new one have more than 4 sq. m. unfolded area. Now I have plenty space and reserved some for next instruments which I have plan to buy in the next years.

The second news is that I'm working on the first PCB prototype of the voltmeter. If everything is according the plan, it should be available in March next year. 

The third news is related to my sub-project : high resolution (0.001°C) and accuracy (< 0.01°C per year with 25 ppm reference resistor) thermometer based on ADS 122U04 IC. I already made a prototype (available here) and the final PCB arrived and waiting to be solder. The software is also in the final stage. I still waiting the Gallium which is needed for calibration of the thermometer. I made also a "Gallium Melting-Point Standard" from PTFE to hold the Gallium. This will allow me to calibrate the thermometer in the range of 0°C to 29.76°C with uncertainty less than 0.015°C if the Ga which I bought have at least 99.99% purity.




The last news is related to the feature of this blog. In the 2018 after buying my first 6.5 and 8.5 digits DMMs, I thought how to secure my project financially. For the HP 34401A I made several short PCBs for measuring the noise and zero offset. Unused PCB I listed in Ebay and I was surprised how quick they sold out. So this year the profit from Ebay sells was enough to cover my 4 calibrations in National Institute of Metrology. If I have enough sells during the next 2020 year I think to make an open HW/SW company (www.seidocmt.eu) which sells will allow me to continue to work on this open source project.

Also, you can follow me on twitter : @CmtSeido.

No comments:

Post a Comment